We are currently hiring for a full-time, permanent position
Intermediate Interior Designer
We are looking for the Perfect Partnership with a talented intermediate designer! Will you be the newest addition to our team?
We look forward to reviewing applications from candidates who meet our minimum criteria.
Who are We?
We are in the people business, doing interior design!
We are a Calgary-based boutique interior design studio who are growing!
We take a team approach to our projects, and collaboration is the word we live by; we respect and listen to our clients, and we respect the architecture of their home, responding to the context of the location, while creating interiors that our client’s love to come home to.
We are the only design studio in Canada with a specific focus on the luxury timberhome and cabin market, and we do these types of projects all across Canada and in the USA. These homes range in size from 4000 sq ft to in excess of 12,000 sq ft.
We are in the middle of an exciting rebrand, leaning even more into our niche market, and diversifying our revenue streams. There is a lot going on, and being that we are a small business, you will be involved in this, and other, aspects of our business. You will not be put in the background.
What We Offer You:
- Health Spending Plan ($3,500 per year)
- Flexibility of work hours (with core hours being 9 – 5PM)
- Jobsite visits in places of natural beauty (ie: Mountains, lakeside, coastal, prairie)
- Reimbursement for local mileage and related expenses (rental car for remote jobsite visits)
- Remote work from home or jobsites, from time to time
- Paid vacation time
What Does You Role Include?
Working closely within our existing fast-paced team of five core members, this role is an opportunity for you to flex your design and technical talents in a variety of ways, which include the following responsibilities:
– Acting as lead designer on projects assigned to you.
– Curating and preparing material and design concepts and presenting them to your clients.
– Producing all types of interior design construction drawings
– Coordination of external Design Consultants.
– Product research related to all aspects of interior design details
– Participating in the ongoing development of our CAD drawing standards
– Adhering to our drawing standards at all times
– Participate in weekly internal project coordination meetings with KGI team
– Maintaining current knowledge of construction practices and principles
– Staying on top of contractors with regards to construction schedules and communicating these schedules to the KGI team,
What You Have To Offer:
You have the following qualities and skills:
- You have a minimum of 5 consecutive years of experience, in the residential design sector in Canada.
- A creative and inquisitive mind
- Tenacity to stick with a large-scale projects which extend over multi-year durations
- A self-starting quick learner, highly motivated and a self-disciplined team player
- Proficient at using AutoCAD. (You use the program on a daily/weekly basis)
- Proficient at using Sketch UP (You use the program on a daily/weekly basis)
- Proficient at creating a set of interior design construction drawings & specs
- You are able to think on your feet and come up with solutions to challenges that arise.
- You are personable and enjoy interacting with your fellow team members, clients, contractors and suppliers, and your interpersonal verbal and written skills are superior.
- You enjoy some degree of travel for work; while this is not a regular occurrence at KGI, you would be expected to travel a few times per year to jobsites that are out of town. It helps if you like a bit of travel
- You have your own vehicle and a valid drivers license
- It’s a bonus if you like nature and the outdoors
This is a full time permanent position, with the standard three month probation period.
Hours and Days of Work
Monday through Friday 9 – 5PM.
Out of Town Travel
There will be the requirement from time to time to attend jobsites of our projects. Many of our projects are not local to the Calgary area, being located in other parts of the country. This means you must be able and willing to travel out of province to jobsite meetings when they are required which is approximately between 2 – 4 times per year. All travel related expenses are provided by Kevin Gray Interiors. Many of our projects are in areas of natural beauty, so it helps if you appreciate nature and the outdoors.
Pay rate will be commensurate with experience, and overall value to the business.
Position Start Date: First Quarter of 2022. Once we have found the right candidate, we will determine a mutually acceptable start date.